Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stalled Again

I think I have officially stalled again. For one month now, I have been hanging around the 242-243 pound range. The good news is that almost without effort, my weight has stabilized in a range that is sixty pounds lower than when I started. The bad news is, I am still about 25 pounds away from goal.

Weight Watchers took me all the way down to goal, but it was a miserable experience. Low carb/paleo/Perfect Health Diet has been a much better, overall way to lose weight. I am healthier, I am not hungry, and my type II diabetes is effectively in remission. Yet, I cannot seem to get down to where I want to be. And this is a rather common problem when low carb dieting. What to do? I don't really know yet.

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing some resistance training 2-3 times a week?

    Perhaps it's time to carefully track your caloric intake, cutting back a bit.

    I know it's very frustrating.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve. I have been carefully tracking my calories on LiveStrong.com (a site and a program I recommend), and have been doing some resistance training. I followed their advice, based on my height, weight, gender, and age, about how to lose two pounds per week. I am open to other suggestions.

    Jenny Ruhl says that if one has done the above and is still stalled, then perhaps it is time to see an endocrinologist to see if anything else is wrong. Apparently, it may be a problem of insulin deficiency instead of insulin resistance. I am open to any and all suggestions.

    ReplyDelete